2020 Benefits Open Enrollment is
October 14-25, 2019
At Mohawk, our vision is for our employees and their families to be the healthiest and safest population. One of the Company’s goals is to provide employees with a good benefits package that helps you take care of you and your family–because we’re all in this together.
Everyone’s needs are different, Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to enroll in health, dental and vision coverage or make changes to the coverage you already have. Some benefits are company-paid, such as basic life insurance, accident, death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and short-term disability. It’s also the time to set aside pretax money for your eligible medical expenses with the health savings account or healthcare flexible spending account if not enrolled in the Mohawk medical plan.
2 Ways to Enroll
We offer two easy, convenient ways to enroll in your benefits, online through Employee Central or by calling our Benefits Service Center.
Important Reminders About Open Enrollment
- If you do not make any elections, your current 2019 Medical Plan and HSA plan contributions will continue for 2020.
- Participants in the FSA plan (dependent care or healthcare) must re-enroll each year.
- Make sure you have the names, Social Security numbers and dates of birth for you and your dependents.
- If you enroll a spouse in the Company Medical Plan, they will be included in a spousal audit for other medical coverage.
- If your spouse’s company offers insurance and you elect to cover them on Mohawk’s Medical Plan, you will pay an additional $125 per month in medical contributions.
Click the "Benefits 2020" menu at the top or above right for all 2020 plan details.
What’s New for 2020
Medical Plans Changes
- My Medical Neighborhood NWGA moves back to Cigna as the network provider, claims administrator and customer service.
- Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, ZIP Codes in Hamilton and Bradley counties in Tennessee and Fannin County in Georgia move to the Cigna OAP network.
- Medical plan premiums for all plans will increase. See Medical Rates section below.
- 2020 In-network deductibles for all Mohawk medical plans have a slight increase:
- All employees on the health plan will receive a new ID card for 2020. This is a combined medical and pharmacy card. Please discard your Express Scripts pharmacy card on Jan. 1, 2020.
Zip Code Search
Use the ZIP code search feature below to see which plan(s) you're eligible for in 2020.
2020 Medical Rates
My Medical Neighborhood Plan - Northwest Georgia
My Medical Neighborhood Plan - Muskogee & Bennettsville
Cigna LocalPlus Plan & OAP Plan
Cigna Premium LocalPlus Plan
For more details about all our medical plans, click on the Medical Menu under "Benefits 2020" above or on the right.
Medical Plan Surcharges
New enrollees to the company medical plan will be required to complete a biometric screening within 60 days of your benefit effective date to avoid a wellness surcharge. For additional details, visit the Biometrics and Health Coaching page.
Based on results, employees and/or covered spouses may be required to complete face-to-face, telephonic or online health coaching. Employees and covered spouses who choose not to work with a Healthy Life Team Navigator (HLN), do not make contact with their HLN or do not complete biometrics testing, will be charged an additional $28.85 per week or $125 per month as a surcharge on top of your medical plan premium.
If you enroll a spouse in the Company Medical Plan, they will be included in a spousal audit for other medical coverage. If your spouse’s employer offers insurance and you elect to cover him/her on Mohawk’s Medical Plan, you will pay an additional $125 per month in medical contributions.
*New hires and those new to the medical plan as a result of a Qualifying Life Event, please visit the Biometrics and Health Coaching page for details.
2020 Other Benefit Highlights
Pharmacy is included when you elect medical coverage. Express Scripts remains our pharmacy vendor. The formulary with Express Scripts can change yearly. To avoid paying full price, please log into express-scripts.com/covered to review the 2020 formulary to ensure medications are covered.
Dental and Vision Plans
There are no changes to the Dental Plans or Vision Plan. There is also no increase for 2020 for any dental plan or the vision plan!
Health Savings Account (HSA)
|The company funding of Health Savings Accounts (HSA) remains the same for 2020. Decide if you want to add or change your pre-tax contribution in your HSA, and determine how much you’d like to allocate. You must contribute to your HSA to receive the Company match*.|
|Total Mohawk contribution:|
|Employee Only:||$500 (if you contribute at least $250 per year)|
|Employee + Spouse:||$800 (if you contribute at least $400 per year)|
|Employee + Child(ren):||$800 (if you contribute at least $400 per year)|
|Family:||$1,100 (if you contribute at least $550 per year)|
- You receive 50% of the Company funding in January. If you contribute equal to or greater than the 50% during 2020, the Company will match the additional 50%.
- The federal contribution limit (including employer contribution) is Single: $3,550; Family: $7,100. If you are age 55+, you may contribute an additional annual catch-up contribution of $1,000.
We Have Some Apps for That
Do you remember or know that we have the Mohawk Benefits app? Your one-stop-shop for all your benefit resources from Health Plan group numbers to contact numbers and more! And don’t forget—it has a link to mymohawkbenefits.com where you can get healthy recipes, latest health-related articles and more.
Want to schedule an appointment at an HLC or talk to one of Your Healthy Life Care Team members? Use the Spruce app. It is a great way to communicate via text message. Get the app by going to mymohawkbenefits.com/hlct or text “Hi” (Monday-Friday) to 877-365-0051. If you haven’t already, download both apps today to have resources available at your fingertips!
Participants with Flexible Spending Accounts Must Re-Enroll Each Year
If you are currently enrolled in the healthcare or dependent care flexible spending account and wish to have either again in 2020, you must re-enroll during Open Enrollment and designate your annual election amount. You may elect the healthcare or dependent care FSA even if you do not enroll in a medical plan. Please note, per IRS guidelines, you are not eligible to enroll in the healthcare FSA if you are enrolled in the health savings account (HSA). You may contribute the maximum amount allowed by the IRS.
Amwell telehealth is a fast, easy and convenient way to see a doctor virtually any time without an appointment. You can have a live video visit from your computer, tablet or mobile device with a board-certified doctor at a time that works for you 24/7/365. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick to leave home, too busy to see someone in person or a great alternative to a late-night ER visit. Shorter wait times. And it’s easy to use, private and secure.
It’s free to enroll and the cost per visit is $20 for acute care visits for health plan members and $59 for Mohawk employees not on the health plan.
Register and set up your account today at Mohawk.amwell.com. To receive the discounted rate, you must enter Service Key: Mohawk.
Alexa Cigna Skill
Get instant answers to more than 150 common health care questions with the Answers by Cigna skill. Activate it today!
Other Benefits Available to You
As a Mohawk employee, you are eligible for a slate of additional benefits and employee discounts that can help you save money. They include:
If you have questions about your benefits or enrolling, call the Benefits Service Center and speak with a Benefits Specialist at 1-866-481-4922.
- Before Open Enrollment begins: Monday - Thursday from 8 am - 6 pm ET, Friday from 8 am - 5 pm ET.
- During the Enrollment period: Monday - Friday from 8 am - 8 pm ET - except Friday, October 25 when Open Enrollment closes at 6 pm ET.