It's Blueberry Month!
Eating fruit provides valuable health and nutrition benefits. People who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of their healthy diet and lifestyle tend to have a lower risk of some chronic conditions. July is National Blueberry Month—not only are they tasty, but blueberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals!
Research has shown that blueberries could help lower blood pressure, protect your heart and brain, and can boost your memory. It’s easy to add blueberries to your diet
- Add a handful to your cereal, oatmeal or yogurt
- Make a smoothie (see recipe below)
- Add to a salad for lunch or dinner
- Great for a snack or dessert
For more information on the health benefits of blueberries, click the link below to read an article from the Cleveland Clinic.
Easy blueberry smoothie
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or regular yogurt
- 1 cup orange or apple juice
- 1 banana cut up
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup ice
Directions: Combine all in blender until smooth.