All women should have one screening mammogram between the ages of 35 and 40. After age 40, a screening mammogram is recommended every year.
- If you have any breast abnormalities, even a small change or concern call your doctor, who may order a diagnostic mammogram. We only do screening mammograms on the mobile unit.
- Bring your My Medical Neighborhood or Cigna insurance card because your insurance will be filed.
- Bring a photo ID, such as your driver’s license.
- You need to know your doctor’s first and last name.
- We must have a doctor’s name or a nurse practitioner in order to send the report to your primary care provider.
If you meet these age guidelines and have not had a mammogram within the calendar year of 2023, and you are a Mohawk Health plan member, you should get a mammogram.
Patient Information Sheet